Saturday, January 13, 2007

Finally I have a great chance and some mood to post a blog.

Erm, my classes started straight away on Monday, but I didn't go for the first class, because I had not pay my bill. Thus on the first day I just went there, know some new friends and lastly went to pay the bill in the main block, WHICH IS LOCATED ON THE OTHER ROAD.

Then the second day, I started driving to UTAR. Erm, I think I did mention about my first class there. It was basic professional writing, on the first lesson we did some warm up. We were asked for the answer of these simple questions: What is your name? How young are you? What are your interests? The class gave all kind of funny answers. I remembered there was a student answered for the question: What are your interests? : I like toplay dangerous stuff. Oklar, he meant that he likes jungle trekking and other outdoor dangerous activities.

The next class after Basic Professional Writing was to be five hours later. Initially I planned to go back home and have a good nap, then after waiting my friend long, I decided to follow them to 1 Utama. A friend of this friend was fetching us there. Erm, quite surprising, we actually wanted to go 1 Utama to have lunch but the girl, my friend's friend, erm, Amy, she drove us to a place nearby the main block.
Emily:Where are you going?
Fanny: Aren't we going to have lunch?
Amy: Yah.
Fanny: Then why you stop here?
Amy: Eat here lar, the 'tong shui'(dessert) here is very nice.
Jess+Emily+Fanny: Oh, ok.
Before I say something, they re all elder than me. I didn't get used to their style of communication at first.

What the hell was happening? We came to a stall which had very few customers compare to other stalls nearby. And the food served there was very little, just economic rice(Kavi, your Jak Fan) and Wan Tan Mee. Oh ya, and also some desserts. Actually for me I don't really mind to eat there, just as long as it is cheap, better than spending almost RM10 to eat in 1U.
Erm, but the Wan Tan Mee there not really nice lar.
After Lunch we went to 1U to shop, first shop to go-MNG, we tested sphagetti there, and pleas trust me, I just wanted to try for fun. I think we were in the fitting room for more than 15 minutes, took some pictures and then discussed about the sphagetti. Hey, guess what happen next. I bought the sphagetti I tried. Kavi, the sphagetti was too comfortable, although the price isn't cheap but I just couldn't stand not to buy it. Forever 21 was the shop we went in after that, seriously, I don't think the things, the clothes there are cheap, and there were nothing there that I think worth for that price.Yet I don't understand why the other two girls get to spend much of their shopping time inside there.

Ok, went back to UTAR after that. I looked at the timetable adn found out that the class should be in PD208, and for this week we should transfer to PD617. Sat for long in PD617 and after the lecturer came in only one guy came to tell us that we were in the wrong class. So damn embarassed!!!
Haiz, talk about this class, it is a boring class, somemore we have to buy a Rm68 textbook, which just enables us to use for 1 Semester, also the lecturer doesn't not speak a very well English also. And the classroom sucks, no aircond! What to do?Just have to bear with it, since UTAR is a non profit organization.

Wednesday, there was a lecture going on, Discrete Mathematics with Application. You know whta we learnt? Penyataan Benar, penyataan palsu, which we learn in FORM 4, Modern Maths. OMG, she took 3 lecture hours to teach that and I wonder will she be teaching this again in next week.
And Calculus 1, first class inside there, we just learnt the theory of limitation, not really difficult.
And lastly for Accounting, guess what,our syllabus for Accounting is same as A LEVEL accounting syllabus in Taylor's College(currently Taylor's University College), using the same book as them. Do you think I should doubt the quality there?

If this is going to continue to happen in the coming 3 years, I doubt will I be a good actuary. Somemore, for the first year, we have almost 4 months break. Is this really what's going on in Uni? Is actuarial science just as simple as Form 4?Or just like A LEVEL? And then, 4 months break, that means we learn few subjects less, at least 4 subjects less.
Tell you another thing, there are 2 subjects which we learn in Year 2, one of the university in Canada they want their students to pass those 2 subjects before they can get admission to actuarial science course.

I really doubt should I change my course or Uni if this is what happening in the coming 3 years.

~..~Jess^Dear~..~

No comments: